Thursday 20 June 2013

Marion Bartoli pulls out of Eastbourne due to injury!

28-year-old Marion Bartoli has withdrawn from the Aegon International 2013, an WTA Premier event, currently underway in Eastbourne, Great Britain, due to viral illness.

Bartoli, who defeated Italian Flavia Pennetta, 6-3, 6-2 in the first round, gave walkover to second seed Li Na of China in the second round.

I’m really disappointed to have to withdraw, since it’s so nice here and I have always done well at this tournament," she said in a statement.

She added, “I have a virus and a fever and am really feeling terrible. I started feeling this way on Monday but it has gotten worse.
"
“I’m hoping to be back on the court after a few days of rest to get ready for Wimbledon,” concluded Marion Bartoli, who has got the 15th seed for the Wimbledon Championship 2013. 

[Tennis World]

No comments:

Post a Comment