Tuesday 11 June 2013

"My best is yet to come" - Roger Federer

Roger Federer is raring to go at the Gerry Weber Open in Halle, Germany and he regards the tournament as one of his favourites.
On his arrival, the Swiss maestro said, "The moment we arrive here is always great because we leave the big city and come to the countryside... sort of."
“We do miss that on the Tour. Here you’re quickly in the nature which is great for the family. I can focus on my tennis, the distances are short, I can recover, relax, don’t lose any precious time with transportation. Whatever I do here is very well organised. The people already know but I really like coming back here. I want to be successful so I can enjoy the match courts as long as possible," Federer quoted.
Talking about his present form, Federer said, “I have the feeling that the best part of the season is yet to come. I do hope that the second half of the season will be better. I only draw the balance at the end of the year or after the US Open. Now, I’m fully on the Tour, am fresh and eager, having fun and am happy to play matches instead of being on the practice courts all the time.”
The 17-time Grand Slam champion will kick-off the grass court season in Halle when he plays Cedrik Marcel-Stebe or Jimmy Wang in the first round.
In doubles, Roger Federer and Tommy Haas lost in the first round to Jurgen Melzer and Philipp Petzschner 7-6, 6-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment